Friday 30 July 2010

Seven Deadly Sins/ Capital Vices/ Cardinal Sins

I know jealousy is like a seven sin, but would we be human if we didn't feel those seven deadly sins?
What are they again? Jealousy (envy), Anger (wrath), Lust, Gluttony, Pride, Greed, and Sloth (laziness).
Soooo....
I've watched almost every season of Project Runway at least once or twice, sometimes three times. It's one of my favourite TV shows. I love the innovative designs, the bitching, the challenges, just the drama of it all!


I can't remember which season I'm watching right this second, but this episode they're at the MET in New York (I think...) looking at the Roman/Greek statue room (my heaven), the Temple of Dendur (my other heaven), and some other room with portraits etc. It's such a beautiful place, and I seriously want to travel around America and see all the wonderful things.

And get this right- the contestants get to choose whichever piece of art they like and design an outfit from it. So I'm, like, so jealoussss...

So even I feel Jealousy, and I know it's bad. But hey, I'm only human.

Anger/ Wrath.
Ch'yeah I get angry sometimes. With motherdear, sister, dog, friends, laptop, TV...
But EVERYONE gets angry.

Lust...
Okay so I've never really experienced this one... But I've seen enough TV and films to understand that everyone must feel it at some point in their life. I mean Carrie Bradshaw and her crewage of girlies never got slain by God for being... uh... active...

Gluttony.
Right. Over-Indulgence. So, really now, who hasn't sat down and eaten, like, a TONNE of junk food with their friends at a sleepover? Or just sat at the food table at a party and ate all night? It's natural to over eat sometimes. Instinct even. SURVIVAL. Filling your boots and what not.

Pride!!!1!1!!
Yeah. I don't know a single parent who doesn't feel pride over their children. Or an artist who isn't proud of their work. Or a child who isn't proud of it's achievments.

Greed...
Pursuit of wealth, status, and power. Okay, not the nicest of things, but where would Richard Branson be if he wasn't in pursuit of wealth? Where would David Cameron be if he wasn't in pursuit of power? And where the hell would all those little celebrities be if they weren't after their much needed status?

Finally, Sloth.
Laziness. Idleness. The devil makes work for idle thumbs...? How about when you're sick and don't feel like moving? Or if you're upset and don't want to do anything? Seriously, everyone has their lazy days. Everyone. We need them, tbh. Especially after fulfilling our Gluttony moments! Teehee ;P

Just gonna say this though: I'm not saying it's okay, or even ideal, to do/be any of these things, I'm saying that they must be natural. They must be okay. We are only human. Bad things are done, bad things happen, and you know what? Bad things are FORGOTTEN. People must feel anger, or greed, or one of the others, everyday.

So all the people out there who actually worry about these things- they don't need to.
In this day and age these things don't matter. They really don't.

Peace out,
keiramadeira xxx

3 comments: